Monday, December 1, 2008

The Color of Faith, Hope and Joy

Sometimes I think my life was much easier before I learned to read. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting we have an illiterate nation - so get your panties out of a wad. I am thinking of how fun life was when my life was centered around color, textures and imaginative play.
For example, Pre-K Sunday School rocks! When I was young (back in the dark ages), the songs had hand movements - "This little light of mine". The hour was filled with great stories and arts and crafts. One of the best tools our Sunday School teacher gave us was a small book of colors. I remember looking through this little book, page by page when I had to be quiet and sit in 'big church'.




There were just four colors in the book: Black, Red, White and Gold. They represented the story of salvation: Black = sorrow/our sin; Red = Blood of Christ; White = Cleansing/Baptism; Gold = Heaven/Glory of God. So very simple and so very, very effective.

Expanding on this idea, I have started making Salvation/Prayer Bracelets with beautiful Swarovski Crystals. I have one featured on my Etsy shop - CreateJoy.Etsy.com . I am developing more designs that incorporate gold or silver beads as well as wood (representing The Cross).

I want to give a big shout out to all the Sunday School teachers out there. You are making a difference and have an impact on your students lives. While I can not recall the name of my Sunday School teacher that gave me my little book, I would love to tell them how much they blessed me and I still carry them in my heart.

Blessings to you all ~ Create Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment