Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts at 2:00 am

One of those nights, or rather very early morning. Wide awake at 2:00 am. Here are a few of my 2 am ponderings ...

Create Joy is a tag line for my life. I love to create with my hands. I get great satisfaction of creating, designing, puttering, doodling, drawing, hammering, finding little treasures and making something new. I am most fulfilled when I can give to others and share a little joy in life.

Building from the "Create Joy" tag line, I wandered down the road a bit and came up with a few more mantra's to live by:

Love Kindness. Totally stole this one from a book (I don't remember the name). But I think we would all be better off if we loved kindness in this word. Appreciated kind acts, gave kindly, spoke kindly, acted kindly. Yes, I like this one too.

Cherish Wisdom. This doesn't necessary relate to the 'elderly' - although we should all do a better job of cherishing our elderly in this world (people and animals alike). No, not just the elderly - but childlike wonder can often be very wise. Wisdom is usually gained through growth and often painful times in our lives. But without this growth, how do we move forward - learn and adapt to greater things in our lives? I belive we should all cherish wisdom in our lives and be willing to share it with others.

Today is the last day of 2008. I am not going to miss this year. It's been one of too many ups and downs. I am eager for 2009 and ready to move forward in life, to grow spirtually and creatively, to be relieved of very heavy burdens and to open the windows and doors in my soul to allow the fresh air and sunshine in! Yes, I am looking forward to 2009 and the positive changes it will bring.
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment